Monday, October 22, 2012

online meanderings

How I forgot the gospel - How "gospel-centred_________" can become just another law to follow - and how the solution is (surprise!) more gospel. Jon Bloom.

Faith, work vocation as a single woman - For single women, a great post about work, hope and trust. 1. Choose to be fully alive. 2. Be fully female. 3. Know the true character of God. Kristin Hansen.

Broken families & Jesus, my brother - When families are broken, there is one family relationship that always holds strong. Cathy.

When crisis changes to chronic - We all respond in a crisis, but what about when it becomes chronic? How to care for those we've forgotten. Macca.

Give someone permission to Get In Your Face - Kimberly Wagner.
Am I wanting to look at Twitter before I look at Jesus? It sounds stupid. That’s how stupid sin is. Every morning there’s war in the Piper household, and it’s not against my family, it’s against me. John Piper

I find myself more and more turning to the Psalms throughout the day when I confront a negative attitude, or I feel sorry for myself. It doesn't magically make my situation resolve itself. What it does is remind me what is true. Kim Shay

To see the rest of my links, click here (Facebook) or here.

No comments: