Tuesday, April 15, 2014

online meanderings

“I’ll never make it to the end of the day ..." - Learn to talk back to yourself. Great stuff.

10 lessons from a hospital bed - Wonderful, and worth reading before this becomes a reality for you. John Piper.

Going for blood - The gospel's solution to self-harm.

For pastors' wives (and others) - "The Lord has helped me recognize that my greatest insecurity, fed by the enemy's accusation, is that I am a disappointment..."

Why am I struggling when my suffering seems so small? - Jenny brings us back to the gospel.

for parents:
A big family is (painfully) changing me - A fantastic post for anyone with 3 or more children.

Why your kids NOT being 'the best they can be' might be good for your family
Comparison is the thief of joy.

"I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It is almost impossible to reproduce in English the emphasis of the original, in which no less than five negatives are used to increase the strength of the negation, according to the Greek idiom. Perhaps the nearest approximation is to render it, "I will never, no, never leave thee, nor ever forsake thee." In view of such assurance we should fear no want, dread no distress, nor have any trepidation about the future. At no time, under any circumstances conceivable or inconceivable, for any possible cause, will God utterly and finally forsake one of His own. Then how safe they are! how impossible for one of them to eternally perish! God has here graciously condescended to give the utmost security to the faith of believers in all their difficulties and trials. The continued presence of God with us ensures the continued supply of every need. AW Pink

To see more links and quotes, click here (Facebook) or here (Twitter).    

No comments: