2. As the facilitator
- Speak respectfully about older women in your church. Model this respect to others.
- Build bridges between younger women and older women in your church. Organize mixed gatherings. Prompt older women to contact younger women. Include women of different ages in prayer partnerships and Bible study groups.
- Organize seminars for women with speakers you can trust. Run a book club for women. If you run a Bible study, occasionally run topical studies on areas of interest to women.
- Remember how isolated many single and childless women feel. Run women's events and Bible studies at times that suit working women. Organize get-togethers for women without obvious friendship groups.
- Train women in Titus 2 ministry and mentoring. If you don't have the skills to train them, find someone who does and ask them to lead a training day at your church.
- Mentor a younger woman and encourage her to mentor someone else.
Any other ideas?
With thanks to my friend Jenny, who came up with the idea for this post.
image is from sashamd at flickr