- give money away - if they gave 10% in the Old Testament, how much more will the fullness of God's grace motivate us now!
- pay what you owe - come up with a plan and pay back a small amount each week
- pay regular, unavoidable expenses - housing, rates, car servicing, insurance, utility bills, and so on (I like Deb's idea of putting money for bills into a separate account the instant you get paid)
- save - put some money in a separate savings account (you'll draw on this for house repairs or unexpected medical bills)
- regular expenses (grocery shopping, petrol, entertainment etc.)
- occasional expenses (gifts, clothes, household items etc.)
How do you manage your money? Share your ideas here.
I'm aware I've only scratched the surface when it comes to money and budgeting, and I'm no expert. Check out the comments here for more ideas. To read about my struggles with over-spending, see these posts.
Follow this series here.
image is by Aunty Cookie (very appropriate!) from flickr