1. Know what you’re trying to say.Those were editor Greg Bailey's ten tips for writing, shamelessly
2. Never assume your audience knows what you’re trying to say.
3. Find a creative way to approach / introduce what you’re trying to say.
4. Write an initial draft quickly.
5. Be a great revisor.
6. Get rid of unnecessary words.
7. Maintain an active voice.
8. Use simple sentences. “Simple sentences are beautiful.”
9. Let it rest. “Sleep on it.”
10. Let it go. “Let it do its job, for good or bad.”
Good to know I'm on the right track. Though I still have worlds to learn! And the longer I write, the more I know just how much.
HT Tim Challies