There's a simplicity in "one size fits all". But that's not how God works in the human heart. And it doesn't work that well in relationships either.
So I love Jenny's 5 points about parenting teenagers when it comes to technology:
- It's good to have a high horse to make parenting judgements from.
- It's good to get down from the high horse occasionally to show that you think your child is an actual person.
- It's good to keep on top of technology.
- It's good to keep talking to your kids.
- It's good to acknowledge that you won't know everything that's going on, because when things go wrong you aren't a hopeless parent.
I've talked a bit about how we work it out in the comments on her post. You might want to head over there and add your thoughts.