Wednesday, October 24, 2007

a facebook message from my daughter


"Dear mummy, I love you even though you are sometimes grumpy! I hope you like this piture. LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of LOVE LIZZY!!!"
.
Written after that grumpy morning yesterday. Thank God for the forgiving spirit of children!
.
My arm is tired after waving and blowing kisses for about 15 minutes to a very excited Lizzy on the bus. She's on her way to her first school camp today!!! Mental images of that smiling pale face, bright pink jumper, and waving arm growing smaller and smaller as the bus drove around the corner on its way to camp...
.
Now I have that feeling you have when your first child goes to their first day at school, strangely empty and dislocated...another milestone on the way to growing up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That nearly made me cry!