Wednesday, October 31, 2007

on mosquitoes

Last night a mosquito was buzzing around my room all night. What with the high-pitched whining next to my ear, the bites on my fingers, the difficulty I had breathing through the sheet over my head, and bad dreams about infected mosquito bites, I didn't get much sleep.

It was very annoying, but I have no deeper point to make. Sometimes a mosquito is just a mosquito.

But while we're on the subject, have you bought some gifts for needy people this Christmas? See Tear Australia's Arguably, the world's most useful gift catalogue.

Even kids can save their pocket money and buy a gift: school supplies cost only $5.00, and mosquito nets $10.00.

Because sometimes a mosquito is more than a mosquito.

In some countries, mosquitoes are not only annoying, but deadly.

No comments: