Wednesday, June 24, 2009

the blessing of unpaid work

Every now and then I take a step back from all the chaotic busyness of my life and reflect on the blessing of unpaid work.

Not everyone has this privilege - someone has to earn money to provide food and shelter, and one day that someone might be me - but what a privilege it is!

I care for my husband and our home and children, not because someone pays me, but because it's my joyful service to God and my family.

I encourage others in the Christian life through teaching and writing and praying, not because someone pays me, but because I love to share God's incredible grace and truth with others.

I have been richly blessed!

So next time you ball yet another pair of socks, or get up early to pray for friends and family, or work hard at preparing a Bible study, take a moment to stop and thank God for the blessing of unpaid work.

image is from stock.xchng

No comments: