Friday, June 5, 2009

Thomas' imponderables

The section of Thomas' brain devoted to theological musings has been working overtime recently. He keeps coming up with the most incredible questions:

If God made the world, why are there yucky things in it?

Why does God make me want to do bad things, Mummy?

Why did God make us alive?

Mummy, I'd rather be on earth than in heaven. Because in heaven you can't move, and you have to laugh all the time.

Will there be parties in heaven? Will there be just one party going on FOREVER?

If I can't see God, how do I know if I'm running away from him? When I'm running away from him, I'm actually running towards him!

"The last shall be first and the first shall be last." Does that mean in heaven, when we're running races, we have to run really slowly?

No comments: