Friday, September 24, 2010

10 more things that make me happy

Last Friday I posted 10 things that make me happy. Here, for good measure, are 10 (slightly more frivolous) things that make me happy - including a few lists for you list-lovers!

1. Chocolate, plain or with something crunchy in it.

2. Driving on the open road, especially on the way to holidays. Holidays.

3. Coming home after a busy day, and the way the feel of the house changes when Steve comes home too.

4. Icecream air: the silence and stillness that rests on a house when it's quiet and uncluttered and empty.

5. Listening to a favourite Christian CD on my car stereo (current favs: Sovereign Grace Come Weary Saints and Jars of Clay The Long Fall Back to Earth; best driving songs: Jars of Clay Scenic Route and REM Find the River).

6. A beautiful big park with lots of grass, huge old trees, a river or lake and a path to walk along. Japanese gardens. Old trees. Avenues of old trees.

7. Watching a favourite DVD series with my husband in the evenings (West Wing, Firefly, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Buffy, Northern Exposure, Veronica Mars, Pride and Prejudice and Life on Mars, just to name a few) especially when we get take away curry and have an unofficial date night.

8. When my 4 year old kisses and cuddles me and says "I love you. I like you." and makes me say it back.

9. Reading a book when I can't bear to reach the end, including just about anything by JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Paul Gallico and Alexander McCall Smith; most of Tamora Pierce and JK Rowling; plus lots and lots of other books and authors I'll tell you about some time.

10. The sunny, cool, still days of Autumn.

image is by jpctalbot at flickr

No comments: