Tuesday, August 26, 2008

a 5-year old asks if he can start over

Thomas (5) - Mummy, do you ever wish the world would start again?

Mummy (39) - No. Why, do you?

Thomas - Yes, so all the good things can happen again.

Mummy - What kinds of good things?

Thomas - Like shows and lolly bags and stuff.

Mummy - But they'll keep on happening, Thomas.

Thomas - Not if life stops.

At which point Thomas and I break for a meaningful discussion about how heaven is better than 1000 shows and 10,000 lolly bags.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great stuff!

By the way, I've tagged you for a meme at my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jean,
My favourite blogs are about your kids and family life. I love being reminded of what a great family you are and hearing how your kids are growing and learning. I love the personal stuff and how you mix it with thought of God and our godliness. Please keep it coming!
Al is out at the Mark Driscoll event tonight. I enjoyed the company of your blog for a bit. Love Jess