Tuesday, November 6, 2012

online meanderings

My least favourite words: "I am disappointed in you" - "There are no doghouses in the Kingdom of God." If you hate disappointing people, or feel like you've disappointed God, you'll love this post. Ed Welch.

Lifting up our shamefaced heads - "Earlier this week I had a thought that surprised me for its vileness...It showed the corruption of my heart, a rot in my core." Reflections on sin and grace from Rebecca Stark.

The spiritual discipline that no one wants and everyone needs - Suffering. Never mentioned in books on the so-called "spiritual disciplines", you'll find it in Jerry Bridges' best book, The Discipline of Grace. Read along with Challies.

Don't be nice, be holy - I needed to read this. Challies.

A year of ridiculous Bible interpretation - Justin Taylor with a good guide to reviews of "A year of biblical womanhood", including Kathy Keller's.
It was not the nails that held Jesus to the cross. It was my sin that held Him there. It was not the nails that held Him, but His love for the Father and His love for us. It was death by love. No one took Jesus’ life from Him. He did not lose it, He gave it. Challies

To see the rest of my links, click here (Facebook) or here.

No comments: