Friday, April 4, 2008

not much reading happening ...

And if you're wondering why I'm including a lot of dedications (see yesterday's post) in this blog at the moment, it's because that's about as far as I'm getting in all those wonderful books in my book list on the right.

All my reading time at the moment is taken up with concordance, commentary and text work on the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23. Every morning I pick another fruit, and look through the references to it in the Bible. Gentleness today, self-control tomorrow ...

I'm preparing a 10-week Sunday School program on the fruit of the Spirit for the 5-10 year olds at our church. It's led to lots of lights-go-on moments about the meaning of words like "peace" and "faithfulness" in the Bible, and plenty of reflections about how to teach the Bible in Sunday School.

More about that another time!!

No comments: