Sunday, April 13, 2008

with loud singing

Which reminds me of another occasion, when I was sitting in a crowded waiting room with Ben, who was 4 at the time.

Ben's voice has always been set to "loud."

He was singing about God and how he made the world "... and the flowers ... and the mountains ..." and I was doing my best not to shush him in embarrassment.

Until he sang "and if you don't believe, he will throw you into the pit of fire." Not language we've used with him when talking about God's judgement, but maybe he was reading Revelation at the time (it's quite possible, he was an early reader). Or does Colin Buchanan sing something about this (can anyone remember?).

Ashamed of Jesus? I hope not. But ashamed of my son singing loudly about hell in a room full of mums? Definitely.

I'm ashamed to admit.

No comments: