Tuesday, October 16, 2012

parenting teenagers with grace

For parents of teens, a list worth memorizing:
  • The grace to love them when they don’t want to be loved.
  • The grace to love when they are not very loveable.
  • The grace to keep giving when it seems I can never give enough.
  • The grace to keep giving when there’s no giving in return.
  • The grace to forgive when I know the sin will be repeated again…and again.
  • The grace to ask forgiveness even when most of the sin was on the other side...
  • The grace to communicate when there’s no communication in return.
  • The grace to offer help when help is not welcomed.
  • The grace to give advice, when the advice will be rejected...
  • The grace to be resented for my love...
  • The grace to never be told, “Dad you were right and I was wrong.”...
  • The grace to accept that I’ll never be the super-parent I wanted to be and others seem to be.
Read the rest here.

No comments: