Thursday, September 13, 2012

online meanderings

Challenges of para-church ministry part 1 and part 2 - I love Jenny's honesty about the challenges of ministry. Familiar territory for my husband and me.

Guys it matters whom you marry too - A bit squirmy in parts, but really, very helpful advice for single guys choosing who to marry. A follow-up to Women, who should you marry?

A possible marriage saver in 9 steps - Say sorry, even when you don't mean it. Then say it again when you do. John Piper.

Why kids stop going to church and Do you know where your children are with God? - Two fantastic posts about how to help children trust in Jesus, and how to support them when they don't. Zac Veron and Lisa Robinson.

Get past your theological mocking and nurture others with the gospel - 'If I wonder, “What are some problems with the doctrine of the atonement?” hands fly up all over the room, but if I straightforwardly ask, “What is the gospel?” the room falls strangely silent, and I find myself staring at rows of students quietly avoiding making eye contact.' Love it! Timothy Larsen.

Let us not forget our friend Job, who was refused his Why so that he might recognize the Who. - Tullian Tchividjian.

No comments: